In 1954, two public accountants, Jeffrey Gedye and Leonard Stewart, sat as usual at their practice in Burnley, an inner suburb of Melbourne.
As they prepared tax returns for many plumbers, a local hot water service manufacturer, Leedon, requested to display their units in the front room of the accounting practice.
They became a distributor and soon realised the potential of selling to plumbers.
On 1st May 1955 Keith Weir, a successful sales representative with McPhersons Ltd, joined as a partner.
The three partners purchased Trio Hardware and moved into the premises at 419 Swan Street, Burnley… hence the name “Swan Hardware”.
The rest as they say... is history!